How Do I Hack-Proof My Car?
These days, your new vehicle could be vulnerable to cyber attacks. Take the following steps to prevent thieves from hacking into your car and stealing it:
- Update your software regularly.
- Keep an eye out for vehicle recalls.
- Store your car in a garage overnight.
- Turn off your car’s Bluetooth connection when not in use.
- Don’t keep your vehicle’s Wi-Fi password in the vehicle.
More Chevrolet Cyber Security Tips
Typically, sophisticated car thieves will try to access your car’s remote ignition capabilities to turn it on. If your new Chevrolet vehicle has that function, you’ll want to make sure all your software is up to date. You can also use a more old-school security solution by simply storing it in your garage. If you need help updating your on-board Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system, feel free to get in touch with Chevrolet of Homewood at 18033 Halsted St. in Homewood, IL. Schedule a service appointment online to get the ball rolling. We gladly assist customers from Chicago Heights and beyond, so contact us with any questions today!