Brake Problem Warning Signs
Brake trouble is probably one of the worst problems you can have with your vehicle. From poor braking performance, to loud squealing brakes, there are plenty of reasons to keep your brake system in shape. Luckily, the Chevy service and maintenance experts at Chevrolet of Homewood can make sure that your brakes are working properly. Read on for some of the warning signs you should look out for in order to catch brake issues before they become serious.
Brake Warning Signs
When it comes to auto care, brakes are one of the most important things to service regularly. After your oil change, tire rotation, and fluids, brake service is one of the most common services we perform here at Chevrolet of Homewood. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to know when your brakes need service. That’s why we want to offer these tips. These are just a few warning signs that can indicate that your brakes need attention:
- Brake warning light: Don’t neglect that brake warning light—it could indicate serious problems with your brakes. It’s impossible to know exactly what a warning light means unless you actually have it checked by a professional!
- Pulling to one side: If your car pulls to one side or the other when you’re braking then you need brake service because one set of brake pads or brake rotors is probably wearing unevenly or not working properly.
- Mushy pedal or stiff pedal: If it’s hard to push the brake pedal or if the brake pedal is too mushy, you need some professional maintenance. You may need to have the brake fluid replaced.
- Grabbing or Pulsing: If your brakes grab or pulse when you’re trying to stop then you need to have them serviced. Something could be wrong with the rotors or the fluid.
- Noises: If your brakes grind with continuous loud metallic noise when applied, or make a loud squealing noise, they should be serviced. This is likely an indication that the brake pads are worn.
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood Today
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood at 18033 S. Halsted St. in Homewood, IL, to take care of all of your maintenance needs. We’re minutes from Lansing and Calumet City, so stop by or schedule service online now.