2019 Chevy Equinox vs. 2018 Toyota RAV4
Comparing the 2019 Chevy Equinox vs. Toyota RAV4 quickly shows which one comes out ahead. They’ve got surprisingly large differences when it comes to practical features and efficiency.
2019 Equinox vs. RAV4: Engines and MPG
The 2018 Toyota RAV4 still dines on a reputation for off-roading ability, but the latest model is curiously underequipped. 176-hp and 172 lb-ft of torque from a 2.5L four-cylinder is your only engine option, and mpg ratings top out at 23 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. In contrast, the Chevy Equinox encourages drivers to go their own way with three engine options:
- 1.5L Turbocharged Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 170 hp and 203 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L Turbocharged Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 252 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque.
- 1.6L Diesel: Makes up to 137 hp and 240 lb-ft, plus up to 28 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.
2019 Equinox vs. RAV4: Standard Features
The 2019 Equinox is content to offer several features as standard that’ll cost you extra with the 2018 Toyota RAV4, including:
- 7-Inch Touchscreen: Provides greater control and a more immersive experience than the Toyota RAV4’s standard 6.1-inch touchscreen.
- Keyless Entry and Ignition: Get in and out without having to fish your keys from your pocket.
- LED Daytime Running Lights: Stay safer during the day thanks to constant low-level illumination.
2019 Equinox vs. RAV4: Technology
You might be willing to pay extra for the features mentioned above, but several key technologies aren’t available with the Toyota RAV4 at any price, including:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Connect your smartphone to a USB port to access apps, contact list, and your music library on the go.
- Onboard Wifi: Connect with several devices at once to enjoy a strong, stable connection to the internet whether cruising through Chicago Heights or on the highway to Chicago.
- Teen Driver Mode: Set speed limits, automatically turn on safety features, receive driving reports, and more.
The 2019 Chevy Equinox Thoroughly Outclasses the 2018 Toyota RAV4
Whether you want to look at the Chevy Equinox interior, get started with financing, or arrange a test drive, Chevrolet of Homewood is here to help. Don’t hesitate to contact us today.