2017 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2017 Ford Escape
Both the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2017 Ford Escape are compact crossover utility vehicles that could provide the versatility that your family needs for all kinds of adventures. The challenge will be picking the right one. We’re here to help. Take a look at how they compare here:
- Efficiency: The base Ford Escape earns only 21 mpg city/29 mpg highway in EPA estimates. The base Chevy Equinox achieves up to 21 mpg city/31 mpg highway in the base front wheel drive, four-cylinder configuration.
- Range: Based on fuel tank size and highway mileage, the Equinox should have significantly more range at 582 miles, compared to the 438 mile maximum range with the Escape. That means you can go longer between fuel stops.
- Power: The Ford Escape with base engine makes 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque with its base four-cylinder engine. The Chevy Equinox comes standard with a 2.4L four-cylinder that makes 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque. The Equinox is also available with a 301 hp 3.6L V6, which is more powerful than the four-cylinder in the upgraded Escape.
- Features and Options: The Equinox comes standard with the OnStar telematics system that includes in-car 4G LTE connectivity and in-car WiFi hotspot. While the Ford does get the SYNC system, which provides some telematics services, it lacks the WiFi hotspot and 4G LTE connectivity
- Warranty: Both cars offer extensive warranty coverage, but only the Equinox gets two full years of standard maintenance. That’s a lot of added value that you don’t get with the Ford.
- Price: The Chevrolet Equinox is exactly $500 less than the Ford Escape when you compare the most affordable models. The Escape starts at $23,600, while the Equinox starts at $23,100 MSRP.
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood Today
Drive the Chevy Equinox today at Chevrolet of Homewood. We’re at 18033 Halsted St. in Homewood, IL, just a short trip from Lansing and anywhere else in Chicagoland, so stop by to learn all about the Equinox, or any other current Chevy vehicle in our showroom now.