2018 Chevrolet Malibu vs. 2018 Hyundai Sonata
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
Base Trim Fuel Economy (City)
Hybrid Fuel Economy (City)
Hybrid Fuel Economy (Highway)
Should I Pick the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu or the 2018 Hyundai Sonata?
The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu is a better choice than the 2018 Hyundai Sonata for buyers who want the following:
- The superior fuel economy of an available hybrid engine
- A lower overall starting price
- More torque in the base trim
- The top-notch reputation that comes with the Chevrolet brand
Learn more about the difference between the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu and the 2018 Hyundai Sonata today!
For Better Fuel Economy, Pick the 2018 Malibu Hybrid
To start, the 2018 Hyundai Sonata unfortunately can’t be outfitted with a hybrid engine. It is offered in an Eco trim though, so let’s see how the fuel economy of these competing sedans compares:
- 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
- Engine: 1.8L 4-Cylinder and Two-Motor Drive Unit
- Fuel Economy (City): 49 mpg
- Fuel Economy (Highway): 43 mpg
- Horsepower: 182 hp
- Torque: 277 lb-ft
- 2018 Hyundai Sonata Eco
- Engine: 1.6L 4-Cylinder Turbo
- Fuel Economy (City): 28 mpg
- Fuel Economy (Highway): 37 mpg
- Horsepower: 178 hp
- Torque: 195 lb-ft
As you can see, the Malibu Hybrid manages to offer better fuel economy than the Sonata as well as more horsepower and torque. That will save you money at the pump in Chicago Heights. In addition, if you choose the base trim Malibu L, you’ll enjoy a lower starting price than the Sonata SE:
- 2018 Malibu L – $21,680 MSRP
- 2018 Sonata SE – $22,050 MSRP
Both base trims are well-equipped with the following features:
- Cruise Control
- Bluetooth Phone Streaming
- Six-Speaker Audio System
In fact, the Malibu even includes keyless entry and ignition in the base trim, a feature you won’t find in the Sonata.
Where Can I Find the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu?
At Chevrolet of Homewood, we carry a wide variety of Malibu trims at guaranteed low prices. Not only does it beat the Sonata in starting price and fuel economy, but it also supplies better standard safety features than the new Ford Fusion. Schedule a test drive to reserve your seat in the Malibu, then visit our showroom at 18033 Halsted St Homewood, IL 60430 in Homewood, IL.