2017 Chevrolet Sonic vs. 2017 Ford Fiesta
It’s no surprise that you’ve narrowed down your search for a subcompact car in the Calumet City area to the 2017 Chevrolet Sonic and the 2017 Ford Fiesta. These two little cars could be appealing to many drivers, but if you’re looking for the best option for you and your needs, you’re going to want to read on to see how these two models compare.
- Fuel Economy: The Ford Fiesta is rated at up to 27 mpg city/37 mpg highway based on EPA estimates. The Chevy Sonic is capable of up to 28 mpg city/38 mpg highway based on EPA estimates.
- Power: That 1.6L four-cylinder in the Ford Fiesta makes 120 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque, which isn’t much power for even this subcompact class. The Chevy Sonic comes standard with a 1.8L four-cylinder engine that produces 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque. You can also have a turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder in the Sonic good for 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque.
- Warranty Coverage: While the Chevy Sonic comes standard with 100,000-miles/5-years of powertrain coverage and roadside assistance, the Ford Fiesta only gets 60,000-miles/5-years of coverage.
- Maintenance: The Chevy Sonic comes standard with 2 years or 24,000 miles worth of maintenance included in the price. The Ford does not.
- Technology: Every Sonic comes standard with the OnStar telematics and 4G LTE wireless connectivity with in-car WiFi hotspot. The Ford Fiesta does not come with similar technology in the base model.
- Features: The Chevy gets basic equipment like a driver information center, a trip computer, a service interval warning, and an exterior temperature display, which are conspicuously missing in the Fiesta.
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood Today
Contact Chevrolet of Homewood if you want to learn more about the Chevy Sonic or schedule a test drive of the latest model. We’re your local Chevrolet dealership serving Calumet City and the Homewood area, and we’re happy to let you drive the latest Sonic at 18066 S. Halsted in Homewood right now!