2017 Chevrolet Sonic vs. 2017 Mazda3
The 2017 Chevrolet Sonic and the 2017 Mazda3 are both stylish, efficient small cars. Either one might fit the bill if you’re considering upgrading to a new sedan or hatchback. You can find out how they compare here, to help make your decision easier:
- Power: The Chevrolet Sonic is capable of up to 28 mpg city/38 mpg highway based on EPA estimates. The Mazda3 is capable of up to 28 mpg city/37 mpg highway based on EPA estimates. That means that the Sonic will ultimately cost less to drive.
- Price: The Mazda3 is priced from $18,345 MSRP. The Chevy Sonic is priced from only $15,145 MSRP. That’s a huge difference in this category, at more than $3,000. For comparison the top shelf Sonic Premier costs $19,720, while the Mazda3 Grand Touring costs $23,145 MSRP.
- Cargo Space: Compare the Mazda3 and Sonic sedans, and you’ll find that the Sonic wins when it comes to trunk space, with 14.9 cubic feet. The Mazda3 only offers 12.4 cubic feet. In hatchback models, the Mazda3 offers 47.1 cubic feet with the rear seats down, while the Sonic offers 47.7 cubic feet of luggage space.
- Technology: The 2017 Sonic comes standard with the OnStar Telematics system, in-car WiFi hotspot, and 4G LTE connectivity. None of those features are offered in the Mazda3.
- Warranty: Chevrolet offers more roadside assistance with 60-months/60,000-miles worth of coverage, compared to 36-months/36,000-miles in the Mazda. The Chevy also comes with two years or 24,000 miles worth of basic scheduled maintenance. That’s a perk not offered in the Mazda3.
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood Today
Come visit us here at Chevrolet of Homewood if you’d like to learn more about the current Chevrolet Sonic. We’re located at 18033 Halsted St in Homewood, IL and we are your local Chicagoland area Chevy dealer. We have the latest Sonic in stock now, so stop by to get behind the wheel of this leading small car today!