The 2017 Honda HR-V vs. The 2017 Chevrolet Trax
The 2017 Honda HR-V and the 2017 Chevrolet Trax are both exciting options for drivers in the Calumet City area looking for a subcompact crossover utility vehicle. If you’re in that category, then you owe it to yourself to see how these two models compare side by side before you make up your mind. We’ve done the work for you below.
The Chevy Trax offers some features that you don’t get standard in the Honda HR-V. The Trax comes standard with the OnStar telematics system that provides important and advanced features including:
- Automatic Collision Assistance
- Air Bag Deployment Notification
- Stolen Vehicle Tracking
- Remote Door Unlocking
- Enhanced Road Side Assistance
- In-Car WiFi Hotspot
- 4G LTE Wireless Internet Connection
None of those features come standard on the Honda HR-V. The Trax also gets a compass and a driver information center, a fold flat passenger seat, driver lumbar support, a rear armrest, and six speakers. The Honda does not come with any of those features and only offers a four speaker audio system in the base configuration.
Powertrains and Efficiency
Fuel economy is probably one of your top priorities if you’re shopping in this segment. See how they stack up:
- The Chevrolet Trax uses a 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque 1.4L four-cylinder engine that helps the Trax rate at up to 25 mpg city/33 mpg highway based on EPA estimates with front wheel drive.
- The Honda HR-V makes 141 hp and 127 lb-ft of torque with a 1.8L four-cylinder that also achieves up to 25 mpg city/33 mpg highway in the base configuration.
No model has a clear advantage in this category based on those figures, but the Trax does have a couple of other advantages. The Trax makes more torque than the HR-V, and it makes maximum power at lower RPM, so it’s easier to take advantage of that power. It also comes with a six-speed automatic transmission standard, while you actually have to pay more for an automatic transmission with the HR-V, which comes with a six-speed manual standard.
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood Today
Come drive the latest Chevy Trax here at Chevrolet of Homewood, your local Calumet City area Chevy dealer. You can drive the latest Chevrolet Trax today at 18066 S. Halsted St. in Homewood, IL.