Chevrolet Malibu vs. Ford Fusion
OnStar Automatic Crash Response
OnStar Emergency Services
OnStar Hands Free Calling
Choosing Between the Malibu and the Fusion?
Drivers searching for the ultimate family sedan are likely considering the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu and the 2018 Ford Fusion. When you compare the two side by side, the Malibu offers the following advantages:
- A wealth of standard safety features from OnStar
- More base trim efficiency
- Exciting standard features
Read on to learn more about how the Malibu comes out ahead of the Fusion.
Save Money on Fuel Costs
The 2018 Malibu and the 2018 Fusion are both priced below $23,000, but there’s a big difference between the two when it comes to base trim fuel economy.
- 2018 Chevrolet Malibu L
- Fuel Economy – City – 27 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Highway – 36 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Combined – 30 MPG
- 2018 Ford Fusion S
- Fuel Economy – City – 21 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Highway – 32 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Combined – 25 MPG
As you can see, Chevrolet’s commitment to efficiency allows the Malibu to save you money on the long road ahead. On top of that, both models are offered in hybrid configurations, and the Malibu offers better fuel economy there as well:
- 2018 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
- Fuel Economy – City – 49 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Highway – 43 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Combined – 46 MPG
- 2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Fuel Economy – City – 43 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Highway – 41 MPG
- Fuel Economy – Combined – 42 MPG
In addition, the Malibu’s interior features premium cloth and more speakers in the base trim than the Fusion. That allows everyone to sit back and enjoy the ride while travelling in the Chicago Heights area.
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood Today
We haven’t covered one big advantage of the Malibu yet, and that’s how fun it is to drive! Schedule a test drive to experience this sedan for yourself. We offer a wide range of Malibu trims, colors, and configurations, so drop by our showroom at 18033 Halsted St. in Hoffman Estates.