2017 Chevrolet Malibu vs 2017 Hyundai Sonata
2017 Chevrolet Malibu
2017 Hyundai Sonata
If you’re looking for a family vehicle to drive in the Calumet City and Homewood area, you might be considering the 2017 Chevrolet Malibu or the 2017 Hyundai Sonata. Both of these mid-size sedans offer generous performance and safety features. However, in the areas of fuel economy and features, the winner is clear. Find out which vehicle comes out ahead.
A full array of features is expected in a family sedan. They can make travel through the Calumet City area more comfortable, convenient, and connected. The Malibu L offers the following features:
- Four One-Touch Power Window Controls
- Keyless Ignition
- OnStar Connectivity
- Daytime Running Lights
- Emergency Braking Preparation
- Post-Collision Safety
None of those are offered in the base trim of the Sonata. When it comes to modern technology, the Malibu is better equipped.
These two vehicles are comparably priced, but in the area of fuel economy, only one will save you money:
- The base trim of the Hyundai Sonata gets 25 mpg city/36 mpg highway/29 mpg combined with front-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission.
- In contrast, the Chevy Malibu L reaches 27 mpg city/36 mpg highway/30 mpg combined. That is achieved with a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
Even with higher performance engines, the Malibu offers better efficiency:
- The Sonata Limited 2.0T gets 21 mpg city/30 mpg highway/24 mpg combined with a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
- The upgraded Malibu Premier gets 22 mpg city/33 mpg highway/26 mpg combined with an efficient nine-speed transmission and front-wheel drive.
As you can see, the Malibu offers better efficiency throughout the lineup.
Learn More About the Malibu
The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu clearly gives you more standard features and better fuel economy than the Sonata. When you’re ready to take it for a test drive, visit Chevrolet of Homewood. Our well-trained sales staff is able to answer any question you might have about the Malibu or any other vehicle in the Chevy lineup. We’re easy to reach at 708-799-2000, and you can stop by our showroom at 18033 Halsted St. in Homewood, IL to see this model in person.