Chevy AWD and 4WD Cars, Trucks, and SUVs
Chevy AWD cars and 4WD vehicles combine leading power and capability with added on-road and off-road prowess. Chevrolet’s lineup includes lots of options to fit the bill.
AWD vs. 4WD: What’s the Difference?
- AWD systems use a front, rear, and center differential to send power to all four wheels.
- 4WD vehicles have a drivetrain that employs two differentials and a transfer case to distribute power to all four wheels.
Chevy AWD cars are great for those who might do some light off-roading but never head too far off the beaten path. They get excellent traction through poor weather conditions, and they enjoy better mileage than 4WD vehicles. If you need to go into the backcountry or across any other challenging terrain, a Chevy 4WD car is what you need.
What Chevy All-Wheel Drive Models are There?
- Trax: One of the industry’s first and most successful compact crossover SUVs, the Trax makes up to 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque.
- Equinox: Chevy’s sought-after midsize SUV makes up to 252 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque for up to 3,500 pounds of available towing.
- Traverse: If you’re looking for a family-focused three-row SUV with AWD, look to the Traverse. It makes up to 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque for 5,000 pounds of available towing.
What Chevy Four-Wheel Drive Models are There?
- Silverado: The iconic pickup makes up to 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque for 9,400 pounds of towing.
- Colorado: Generates up to a best-in-class 369 lb-ft of torque for 7,700 pounds of towing.
- Tahoe: This power-packed SUV makes up to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque for up to 8,600 pounds of towing.
- Suburban: Step up to the Chevy Suburban for 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, along with a towing capability of up to 8,300 pounds.
Find Your Next Chevy AWD or 4WD Car Today
Whether you want to head from Chicago Heights into the great outdoors or simply enjoy all-weather control throughChicago, you’ll find the perfect vehicle in our inventory. Apply for financing today, or feel free to contact us online for more information.
More From Chevrolet of Homewood
Get the best of all worlds in the 2019 Chevy Suburban LS that offers spacious SUV versatility, truck utility, and similar refinements to that of a luxury car. With generous interior space for your most precious cargo–your kids, it’s no surprise why the Suburban is known as “America’s best-selling family of full-size SUVs.” While the…
Introducing a sedan that’s everything you’ve ever wanted and more: the 2020 Chevy Malibu. This midsize sedan measures up to its competitors with sophisticated looks, advanced connectivity, and a hint of sportiness. If you’re looking for a daily ride that’s powerful, yet efficient, the 2020 Chevrolet Malibu will never fail to satisfy your needs. Let’s…
Traverse your way into a new 2020 Chevy Traverse that drives as good as it looks. Impressive functionality, stunning exterior, and a richly refined interior is what makes this midsize SUV the perfect choice for your daily driving needs. Whether you require additional cargo room or need to navigate through Chicago’s tough winters with all-wheel…