Chevy AWD and 4WD Cars, Trucks, and SUVs
Chevy AWD cars and 4WD vehicles combine leading power and capability with added on-road and off-road prowess. Chevrolet’s lineup includes lots of options to fit the bill.
AWD vs. 4WD: What’s the Difference?
- AWD systems use a front, rear, and center differential to send power to all four wheels.
- 4WD vehicles have a drivetrain that employs two differentials and a transfer case to distribute power to all four wheels.
Chevy AWD cars are great for those who might do some light off-roading but never head too far off the beaten path. They get excellent traction through poor weather conditions, and they enjoy better mileage than 4WD vehicles. If you need to go into the backcountry or across any other challenging terrain, a Chevy 4WD car is what you need.
What Chevy All-Wheel Drive Models are There?
- Trax: One of the industry’s first and most successful compact crossover SUVs, the Trax makes up to 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque.
- Equinox: Chevy’s sought-after midsize SUV makes up to 252 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque for up to 3,500 pounds of available towing.
- Traverse: If you’re looking for a family-focused three-row SUV with AWD, look to the Traverse. It makes up to 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque for 5,000 pounds of available towing.
What Chevy Four-Wheel Drive Models are There?
- Silverado: The iconic pickup makes up to 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque for 9,400 pounds of towing.
- Colorado: Generates up to a best-in-class 369 lb-ft of torque for 7,700 pounds of towing.
- Tahoe: This power-packed SUV makes up to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque for up to 8,600 pounds of towing.
- Suburban: Step up to the Chevy Suburban for 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, along with a towing capability of up to 8,300 pounds.
Find Your Next Chevy AWD or 4WD Car Today
Whether you want to head from Chicago Heights into the great outdoors or simply enjoy all-weather control throughChicago, you’ll find the perfect vehicle in our inventory. Apply for financing today, or feel free to contact us online for more information.
More From Chevrolet of Homewood
Versatility meets small SUV that’s ready for your next adventure. The 2020 Chevrolet Equinox is equipped with an abundance of new safety features, infotainment technology, and enjoyable performance. Whether you’re planning a last-minute family road trip or taking your Equinox on your daily commute rides, this small SUV is ready for it all. View Inventory…
Your favorite large SUV. The 2019 Chevy Suburban is ready for just about everything. From SUV versatility to truck utility, it’s no surprise that the 2019 Chevy Suburban is part of America’s best-selling family of full-size SUVs. With impressive V8 fuel economy, spacious room, and off-road amenities–the adventures are endless! Whether you need more room…
The 2019 Chevy Trax puts the fun in functional with its stylish, spacious, and confident looks. It offers a wide range of comfort and capability options that provides you with everything you may need on your next adventure. While the 2019 Chevrolet Trax comes in three unique trims, each trim package has its own fair…