Get Ready for Spring With These Handy Tips
Winter is thankfully almost over here in the Chicago area, and it’s time to recover from that snowy, cold weather. Your car will thank you for giving it the attention it needs, and nobody is more prepared to provide your car with springtime service than the maintenance and service experts here at Chevrolet of Homewood. We’ve also got a few tips for how to prepare for the spring season.
Spring Auto Care Tips
Changing weather means changing auto care. These tips will help you roll with the changing seasons with ease:
- Check Your Tires: Make sure that you have plenty of tread on your tires if you’re using all-season tires, or change to those all-season tires if you’ve been using snow tires. You also want to make sure that your tires have the right pressure at all times, especially as the temperature starts to climb.
- Treat Your Windshield: Using a rain repellent on your windshield and making sure you have new windshield wiper blades can be a real lifesaver during the rainy spring season. You’ll regret it if you don’t!
- Oil and Oil Filter Changes: Is your vehicle due for its next oil change? Springtime is a good time to make sure the engine is running well, and an oil change is the perfect opportunity for a mechanic to spot any issues that have developed over the course of the winter.
- Check the AC: You don’t want to get caught in the summer months without air conditioning. Check in the spring to head that problem off at the pass.
- Batteries: Just because it’s warmer doesn’t mean that your battery can’t die. In fact, warm weather is actually harder on batteries than cold weather. Inspect your battery for corrosion, and have a professional check the charge level before any long trips.
Visit Chevrolet of Homewood Today
Here at Chevrolet of Homewood, we’re here to help make sure your vehicle is running well for all summer or spring adventures. Visit our service center at 18033 Halsted St in Homewood, IL to take care of all of your maintenance needs. We’re minutes from Lansing and Calumet City, so drop in during our service hours or schedule service online now.