Under the hood of both the coupe and convertible models is the finely-tuned 6.2L LT1 V8 engine. This powerhouse puts out a mammoth 460 hp and 465 lb-ft of torque, and it feeds power into one of two transmissions. The standard 7-speed manual transmission includes a high-capacity twin-plate 240mm clutch and a light dual-mass flywheel, while the available 8-speed automatic transmission offers steering wheel paddles for precise control.
The Stingray also includes the following advanced design features:
- The hood air extractor uses precision positioned blades to provide cooling airflow to the engine. This decreases the amount of lift on the vehicle, and it increases the downforce to give you better handling.
- To minimize brake fade and offer better performance, two precision-designed ducts funnel air into the wheel wells.
- This powertrain cooling system comes from Corvette Racing, so you know it’s got a high-performance pedigree. It provides airflow to two heat exchangers, and that keeps the Stingray cool when you’re out on the open road.
The Stingray comes standard with the retractable 8-inch Chevrolet MyLink touchscreen. You can take phone calls, text, and stream music safely with voice recognition, gesture recognition, and steering wheel mounted hand controls.
On top of that, the Stingray includes the following features to make your drive comfortable and convenient:
- 9-Speaker premium Bose audio system
- One year of SiriusXM satellite radio (included with 2LT and 3LT models)
- 3 USB ports located behind the retractable touchscreen
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Rearview camera
Test Drive the 2017 Stingray Today
Here at Chevrolet of Homewood, we understand that the Stingray has a high-performance lineage that few other cars can reach. Come experience it at 18033 Halsted St. in Homewood, IL. Contact us today to schedule a test drive!